Saturday, January 24, 2009

A freaking review

I read the entire Maximum Ride series recently, well at least from number 1-4, there is a five...but i don't know when it'll be published or if James Patterson has even written it.
So anyways i really loved the series, but there were bits i didn't like....Number 4: The Final Warning was in my opinion a bit absurd especially how Global Warming got into the the picture....I know thats the kind of saving the world needs right now, but i just thought it was a bit werid...like mingling something fictitious such as avian humans and like something real - Global Warming. Normally writers would make up fictitious problems. But i think it had a good message, and i presume Patterson intended it to be that way. It kind of made me realise you know to continue being eco friendly...because i gave up a while ago, i whole heartedly believed thats it was not really me polluting excessively or say the house i live in but like all the industrial coorporations. e.g the non existent ITEX- but there's probably a smaller scale version of that company out there. And it was a bit unbelieveable about the hurricane thing....like it was a bit too soon for that particular hurricane to be caused by global warming. My science teacher told us before that she didn't really believe global warming was happening as quickly as scientists say...i'd like to think like that too but i don't. But don't get me wrong my previous science teacher is heaps smart! Like for real.

I also know that Grafting avain DNA into humans is extremely difficult if not at this point impossible- i remember doing genetics last year and our science teacher said it took forever for Dolly the sheep to be cloned. So yeah it was kind of hard for me to believe at the beginning that the flock were AVIAN AMERICANS- as they like to call themselves. But Patterson is a really great writer and i was convinced. I also wondered why they didn't have beaks...the only pretentious and distinguishable bird features they have are their wings....exteriorly that is.

Also like too many flyboys in my opinion....like how expensive would that be. I LOVED the characters though and i love the dialogue and i loved the plot. SO i loved the series basically. Like the characters are so real, thats what wins me over. Say for example in Harry Potter all the characters have unique traits- they are all different its as if they jump off the page and you can really picture them. They are not just figments of the immagination. I love MAX and FANG's relationship- which she claims is non existent- well at least the intimate part. Like its real you know-- like Ron and Hermoine. I know what isn't Bella and Edward- like they don't even have history- their is no LOVE story. People are like what do you have against edward, i say its just that he's so fictitious and he lacks personality.. like yeah he's smart and yeah he's a gentleman but whatever if i wanted a talking block of marble i'd ask for one.

I love the dialogue its full of slang and its witty. Max is awesome i'd love to be as brave as her. I love how in the face of death and danger she still manages to speak out- she's heaps funny too. I also love Total LOL! i want a talking dog- i actually believed it...it wasn't unusual to me. Patterson is great! Also i love how Max uses the word freaking!!!


it was a freaking great series.

3 comments:

  1. LOL, "if i wanted a block of marble i'd ask for one". You child, make me LOL. 3 days till school, i hope your books are wrapped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i was too happy so i skimmed read that.
    LOOL
    IM SO HAPPY LOL
    Your blogs provoke thought.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. fang was my favorite!
    hahahahhaa

    it is really good. :)

    pentst: (pen-tist) n.
    when two people love the same thing, but disagree over tiny details

    ReplyDelete