Monday, February 23, 2009

and if i ever let you go, i'm hoping that some time will show, that you're the one, you're the one for me

SOUNDWAVE WAS FREAKING CRAZY.

The best experience ever. The best part of my summer. Madina Lake were right in saying it would be absolutely rad.

If we had show and tell i don't think it would be possible for me to shut up or sum everything that happened in five minutes, or however many minutes is allocated.
In factual it was very difficult for me to control my self today. I wouldn't shut up. Sorry if was insufferable, give it about a month to wear off :)

I wasn't going to put a post up until i uploaded the pictures but that is impossible because this excitement is impossible to contain.

so i will try my best to sum everything up right here right now.
I went to Alicia's house at 8.45am, my dad dropped me off.
Then we were like full squealing cos we were heaps excited.
Alicia's mum packed me a raincoat and a chicken avacado sandwhich.
Eastern Creek was 15 minutes away, Alicia's Uncles: David and Frank drove us.

1. First band we ever saw was Madina Lake.
2. The first thing we bought were To Write Love On Her Arms wrist bands. And i bought a Love is the Movement tote bag. It was $20. I didn't know until the guy said so, LOL in his very American Accentish voice.
3. We bought merch!! i bought a Jack's Mannequin and Valencia tshirt. (the Valencia tshirt was like the Ramones one, with the American Eagle). They didn't have any Hellogoodbye tops. sadface.
4. Then we went to stage five (the best experiences were had on this very small stage- best stage out) and watched Ace ENDERS! the Riverboat Gamblers were playing prior to Ace Enders, and not many people were watching them so we went up to the very front railing to secure positions.
5. Whilst we were watching people set up, i saw ACE on the side of the stage!! i waved and he waved back!!!! can you believe that? i tapped alicia and she waved, but very retartedly cos she didn't know what i was on about. ahahaha.
6. We watched ACE ! he's mad. Then he pointed out how he made an EP for Australia only, so Alicia ran off to the lady who was selling it. She ended up getting the last one, i secured my position :) because i knew Jack's Mannequin were playing next.
THEN ACE CAME OUT TO THE FRONT. and we totally got pictures :) how lucky,
7. So we watched Jack's Mannequin, they were so freaking MAD. Seriously brill.
- Andrew sings with passion. I was thinking to myself if i ever saw a musician so passionate it would be him. And if i ever had a job i'd want to do it with passion like him. He loves music. And he makes beautiful music. I love it.
-They played Spinning, The resolution, Dark Blue....i was cut they didn't sing Miss California, but that was okay.
- Then when they finished Andrew chucked his bottle and me and Alicia got wet! ahaha it was mad. If you want my tshirt wet by Andrew's water it shall be on ebay for $150. LOL only kidding.
- I was partially deaf after it.
- i can't tell you how awesome i felt aftewards.

This is dragging on...
So anyways we saw Hellogoodbye. They didn't play Here in Your Arms, they played a few new songs and my favourite Bonnie Taylor Shakedown. We were in the centre of the mosh pit. it was crazy, and i hated it. the sun was burning me and i was being crushed. i seriously felt like i was near death. So we escaped and watched them from a distance. Forrest did his dance. ahaha i don't know but i felt kind of disappointed with hellogoodbye.

We also saw:
Forever The Sickest Kids. they sang hey brittany and she's a lady + more. It was mad!! they have so much energy and i loved how they came on stage. It was stage 1 so it was pretty hard to get upfront.
The Subways: We only saw a glimpse. the last song they played was Rock and Roll Queen. Good enough :)
Underoath: pretty mad. not the biggest fan but its just awesome to hear them play live. and the screaming was great. ahahaha.
We missed the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
We saw also:
New Found Glory
Say Anything
Houston Calls- they played after valencia. I heard them play sunrise goodbyes. which was mad. Then i walked past the stage afterwards and i heard one of the band members trying to make the audience jump up, because everyone was just standing there. they didn't have much energy in my opinion. But they were still good.
quote asian guy from houston calls. "im sick of this standing around" LOL.



my next blog will be about VALENCIA
THEY WERE THE ABSOLUTE BEST.
IT WAS SO MAD. FUN. EXCITING.
I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT. AND I REALLY WISH I WAS STILL THERE.

1 comment:

  1. That sounded like it was AWESOME! Jack's is so so so great live. UnderOATH I hear are amazing, and they sounded like they were really great. I'm seeing NFG in like a month or so. Also I can' wait to see the pics and hear about Valencia!

    ReplyDelete