Friday, August 7, 2009

We are not what you think we are.

So i went all the way to Central to get 1984 & Brave New World, (my english teacher said Fahrenheit 451 was too easy for extension & so i went all the way to Central because BB are having a sale on already low prices ). But anywho i failed to acquire the aforementioned books because they were out of stock & instead bought Tom Sawyer & Huck Finn, as well as The Tent ( a collection of short stories)- Margaret Atwood & was very close to buying Brideshead Revisited and Tess of the d'Urbervilles but they only had the BBC editions ( which i don't like buying, not because its the BBC but i don't even like buying motion picture editions)

So i caught the train back to Liverpool all by my lonesome may i add & tried to look for Brave New World ( I thought George Orwell could wait & Huxley couldn't) but i only found it at A&R for $28.00- i thought that was severely overpriced and plus the front cover was semi-dog eared- so i walked to the library & borrowed it. ( I'd really like my own copy- so i'm going to try and persuade my brother to buy it for me later today)
Then i caught the bus home and listened to Mika for a bit ( I just find We Are Golden really catchy!)

add on:
I love community channel


No comments:

Post a Comment