Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I like the universe.

Maybe we're all just floating,
like balloons severed from strings.
wind blown and lost.

Sometimes I feel like
everything,
is,
tangible, within reach,
from the thread in my sweater,
to the feeling I get inside
when I am certain that
it could
never ebb
never fade
staying forever,
infinitely real.

There are clouds
cirrus, cumulus, alto cumulus
nimbus cumulus?
the dark ones.
but mine is a wispy one, that floats above me,
always within reach.

Sometimes it's hard to put a face to any song,
it still is.
Most of the time, you can't see the movie in my head.
or the soundtrack that plays
But I love this song,
it is my song.
lacking a melody,
lacking lyrics,
it's silence,
punctuated only
by long intervals of inchoate humming.

I know this is messy.
I know I am messy,

but I hope this serves for the hour.

1 comment: