Friday, October 16, 2009

Salvatore and his jacket. I want it for keeps.

I’ve just finishing eating lunch with my parents and little sister. It’s funny because the topic of conversation was not all that trivial. It was very relevant.
This is kind of how it went. I was eating, well staring at the salmon on my plate and listing in my head the pros and cons of ring bound books- when my thoughts kind of strayed from this two week- ring bound vs. Binder- battle, to the importance of being mentally ready for next term’s challenges.

The significance of year 12 has obviously registered (long ago and now more than ever), and whilst I was sitting beneath the basketball ring outside and reading The Fellowship Of The Ring it became apparent to me that I have already attained the required mindset. At least I think so.

So okay, at the table my thoughts were immediately disrupted by my dad’s abrupt mentioning of the word ‘boyfriend’. It just caught me off guard, because this word- foreign as it is to me, was coincidentally in my head. I never thought it necessary to have one and I was thinking that what if during the year I got distracted and strayed from the neat path I have laid out for myself (A 12 something years of hard labour. Hahaha not really It wasn’t very hard at all ) and ruined everything.
I had this year went through many odd phases of wishing I had someone. As you do as a sixteen year old (proof that I am in fact a juvenile, not some mature 40 year old stuck in the netherworld-esque body of a 16 year old)
So yes, I was making sure that the no boyfriend rule is still there, somewhere floating in my head.
And yeah my dad mentioned it. I didn’t say anything but I couldn’t help but laugh. I was near laughter for many reasons.
1.I am often underestimated. My dad thinks that my priorities aren’t very clear, when they are in fact very clear to me.

2.They often over estimate my ability to actually acquire an aforementioned boyfriend. No one has ever asked me out, and my dad finds this rather odd and fancies this as a lie.

3.When my dad conjured this topic of conversation he was looking directly at me, my little sister was giggling and my mum conspicuously said ‘why are you only looking at Beverly’. And then she smiled. This exchange made me smile, because I have this odd feeling my little sister thinks she’s on to something.

I’m bored now. Can not continue.

Okay so I shall now do my extension 2 pre-proposal, begin research on trench warfare, but really go to Office Works and purchase books. Still undecided. The battle lives.

Here's an odd little this I would like to share:
Yesterday at work, this lady told me her pin- normally I would just swipe a customer's card and select their account type. But no this lady made me do everything. Pin code too!
I was very tempted (aahhah not to steal it) but to inform her on bank security.

1 comment:

  1. I have been debating the exact same thing. I'll go ring bound for physics and economics and textbook for english, math, religion and design. Mmm... now for the pens. I'll decide when i get there i think.. felt or roller or ballpoint -_-" what a bitch.

    ReplyDelete