Monday, February 9, 2009

i'll swim for brighter days despite the absence of sun.

The bushfires have been the worst ever: surpassing even the extremity of the Ash Wednesday bushfires.
I didn't think it was possible, i've been complaining incessantly about the weather but i didn't think of anything but my comfort. I didn't think that bushfires could kill over 108 people (death toll is rising) i just didn't think they could be that bad.
I can't comprehend how much it would suck to lose everything, even life. It really hit me when the news reports told of how people were trying to escape and most of them died in cars, whether through the crashes caused by negligent driving (stress of situation affecting driving) or through the inferno that engulfed them.
There hasn't been anything of this magnitude before.
Australia's the lucky country; bushfires and droughts are the only two serious natural disasters that we're exposed to.
The bushfires are in Victoria and despite the fact that i live in a completely different state i'm worried! it could happen in NSW too.
I hope everything's okay and that the bushfires die out fast because the news reports are depressing.



Other news:

- I had this novel worthy dream
- there was no sun today. It was semi-cold :) and i lived it up jumperless.

2 comments:

  1. You should write a post about that dream.

    And fires are really scary. There were a whole bunch of them really close to my house this summer as well. It's scary.
    Not quite as scary as earthquakes, though. Those strike at such unexpected times.
    Or Tsunamis. I once had a dream that I died in a Tsunami. Those aren't around here, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit that is a lot of people to fires. Yeah there were a ton of fires in California this summer. It was crazy, at one point I think it said about 80% of the state was on fire (don't quote me on that). Then we also got earthquakes that scare the shit out of me. I'm am seriously paranoid of earthquakes. haha.

    ReplyDelete