Thursday, February 19, 2009

I realised you love yourself more than you could ever love me

this is random.
but have you ever felt like famous people really hate their lives?
It's such a stupid think to think about, but i was eating dinner and i couldn't help thinking of Brad Pitt. I don't know why though, he just popped into my mind. Then i began to recall an interview he had with Oprah, and i remember thinking he felt kind of uncomfortable.
Like everything he did/ his job was kind of superficial.
Its like his face is his biggest asset and that having fans know the exact whereabouts of his tattoo's was really
a. superficial
b. plain obsessive.


But whatever. I don't even like celebrities. Maybe some, but i don't know... i don't exactly worship them.
I've realised a lot of people do. Like i'm weird that way, i don't care what Blake Lively wears or whatever. I wish people would just let go of it. Like who gives a shit if she's pregnant. Like why spend so much time reading magazines on stupid things. It frustrates me, that people are so engrossed in the lives of others....wishing to be someone else.
I don't know where i'm going with this.
It's just annoying. Like what a waste of paper all those magazines are.

So i was reading my Chemistry Contexts text book and i found out something intersting.
The word limelight was coined from the way light used to be produced in theatres, back in the day they'd use calcium oxide and burn it or something- so it would produce light.

I felt compelled to blog.
I like expressing my thoughts.
However stupid and random they may be.




I'm taking my licence test tomorrow.
Wish me luck
<3

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your licence test tomorrow! Hope you pass it. You don't want to be like the South Korean lady who failed the driving test 771 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are people so eager to worship celebrity? Why do they find such glee in the malicious slander and the spreading of rumours through Internet and tabloids? Why can people become famous for the most mundane, average claims?

    People enjoy reading any slander, rumours, and other realistic material that may degenerate the spotless images of the celebrities. People love scandal, tragedy, horror, depression, breakdowns, and other negative news because it makes these people seem human. Michael Jackson is constantly parodied and made fun of, in various forms and varied media for his appearance and erratic behaviour. The public eats up all his news coverage because he was a celebrity deposed, a fallen angel of sorts. He is obviously not perfect; neither is the average person. The average people can relate when celebrity takes a fall because those average Joes have been on the bottom, suffering through life. They’ve been miserable, and they love it when they can watch the rich and famous in their misery because it shows a more humble human side of them. There’s also a vindication aspect; the thought that even the perfect people suffer, and the sense of triumph that follows because even though the average don’t have the fame and fortune of the people they see on the television, there is solid proof that money and fame does not necessarily guarantee happiness.

    Secondly, good luck on your test! although you've probably done it already lol

    I got my Ls last June

    P.S. I'm Mitchell, the guy to which you exclaimed "Do you have a blog?!" in Modern History lol

    ReplyDelete